Monday, April 16, 2012

Taal Volcano Island sojourn


A recent visit to the Taal Volcano Island reminded me of how beautiful the Philippines is with its natural beauty.

A glimpse of the volcano from Tagaytay City evokes unknown emotions but a personal visit to the island gave me a glimpse of how immense the volcano and how the lake surrounding it provides livelihood to the people of Cavite and Batangas.

There is of course the eco-friendly tourism using horses to navigate the stiff route going up the crater of the still active volcano.

The view from the top is mind boggling. From there you can see Mt. Makulot and other mountains of Batangas and Laguna. Looking at the awe-inspiring lake  that surrounds Taal Volcano  provokes one to think of the many instances we took for granted this natural beauty.

Looking down inside the crater lake from the viewing deck sent shivers down my spine. I don't know why, it must the height.

Above is the video I made from the photos I took during that recent memorable visit to the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kung may madugong pagtutol, puna o kaya ay trip ninyo lang magtanong, mag-email sa walalangblogs@gmail.com