Friday, November 29, 2013

Mae Sot's Memorial Park for its revered warrior

Inside Mae Sot's Science and Knowledge Park is a huge memorial for a Thai warrior. But since most of the signs in this park were written in Thai and Burmese, I am lost as to the hero's name.

I searched and found the place on Google Map's street view but there was no review regarding the place.

Nevertheless, Thais' respect for this warrior can be seen through their daily visits to the memorial and through their offerings.

Thais offer incense and candles.

Others offer several amounts of Bahts which, I believe, are used to maintain the place, which has a lot of cock statues. Hopefully, before I leave this place, I will learn the history behind the hero.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Kung may madugong pagtutol, puna o kaya ay trip ninyo lang magtanong, mag-email sa walalangblogs@gmail.com